Friday, December 23, 2011

Cocoa.



So as the holiday season is coming to its climax, it's time that we start discussing what it is that we are actually going to do on the day when we gather. Will there be a divine feast, gift giving then drunken buffoonery? Perhaps there will be a long night of drinking with the occasional snack before falling into bed topless and waiting to make your last reckless move of the year. People take the end of the year very differently. Some see it as a chance to let loose; some see it as a chance to tighten up. Either way, there is some sort of change that has to happen. There is something about the holiday that makes us want to be a different person. We can wear different clothes, or cut our hair, or even decide to go to the gym, but there is something that has to be 'better' about us. I'm not sure why, but I can assume that with a new year comes the idea of new found time. With 366 days (yeah, 2012 is a leap year) ahead of us, there is a massive list for us to collect and incorporate into our lives. 


I think it's beautiful.


Sure, many people don't need to change, and are perfect the way they are in the eyes of their friends and family. However, someone's want to better themselves is something I can truly admire. The constant need to achieve a 'greater than' of themselves and the situation that they exist in is what makes us as human beings so incredible. It's more than just survival. It's evolution. 


However, I can't say that we only look forward. There are things about us that make us who we are, and we can't forget them. For example: last year, around this time, a friend showed me a song that I knew that I loved the first time I heard it. It's just a cover of another song that I like, but this cover is so different (despite being the same song, haha) that it makes it seem like something brand spankin' new. It was one of her gifts to me, now I'm giving it to you. 




Enjoy, and happy holidays. C=

No comments:

Post a Comment