Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday.

I've been thinking about what it takes to be interesting these passed few days. Does it take having really cool friends? Does it take having really cool ideas? Being able to hold conversations? Always having something new to say? While I'm sure all of those things might make someone more appealing at a party, that doesn't make that person any more interesting. Sure, having a cool talent is something that we all want, but a lot of us don't have. I would love to be able to play the piano, but guess what? I don't play the piano, and I still think that I'm interesting. Sure, if I could pull an Edward Cullen and pull a masterpiece sonata out of my ass so that I could woo Kristen Stewart, and millions of other teenage girls, into loving me, I would do it. Why does doing something like that make someone like Eddy so cool? Because a lot of people can't pull sonata's out of their ass. It is a skill which very few people are capable of. Even though Ed Cullen is a fictional character, there are a few real people who can play the piano like he does. There are a few people who can run 26.219 miles threw New Work City. There are also a few people that know all of the words to AC/DC's Back in Black. I guess what I'm saying is: You are an interesting person. I recently came across this video, and it made me think of just how awesome we all are.


While video suggests you do a few things which I think are pretty odd (why do I need to drink coffee to be creative?), it also suggests a few things that are easily to do, and easy to maintain. Most of the things that the list suggests is being able to exit your comfort zone, and learn how to find an interest in new things. You like your cluttered room because you know where everything is? Try losing some of that stuff. You're afraid of walking alone at night? Try looking at the moon from different angles, and come to realize just how bright it actually is. The world is full of things that we don't really understand, ourselves being one of them. Don't let yourself become a part of The Lackluster crowd! A community is a multitude of individuals. We can't be a community if we're all the same. Try the list out for a week, and see what you come up with! The world needs more creativity, and nowadays people are paying for it. The sooner you get those creative juices flowing, the quicker it is that you will discover just who you really are, and how you can use it to optimize your potential. Oh, and be more appealing at a party.


A bit tacky, but he's doing him!
Photo by Guerre


A wise woman once said: Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment