Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday.

The wonderful season of autumn is slowly creeping along the outskirts of the year to deliver a swift headbutt to our subconscious. While we are merrily entering the month of August, it is our final adieu to the summer before we rendezvous with September. While of course September isn't going to be causing us to pack up the shorts and tee shirts just yet, it is the harbinger for what we all know will be an immediate, blunt fall; a fall that I am incredibly excited for. Aside from autumn being my favorite of the four seasons, the fall of 2011 is something that I am very eager to endure. What's not to like? Neutral tones, casual scarves, sports coats, cardigans, auburn up the wazoo etc. Aside from just the arbitrary enjoyments of fall, there are also a few things to look forward to as well. A list of new music is likely to release this semester, which I have no doubt will be mind blowing. Albums from artists/groups such as CSS, David Guetta, Lil Wayne, VHS or Beta and Feist (omg) just to name a few, I can already tell that I'm going to be excited. Not to mention the plethora of enjoyable holidays such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Veteran's day, autumn pretty much speaks for itself when it comes to being the best darn season there is. However, there are a few things in particular that I am looking forward to this season that I haven't really spoken to yet. Ironically, they both involve Kid Cudi.




Watching the video above will show you a sneak peek of what it is yet to come from the creative minds of Scott Mescudi, Cage and Shia LeBouf. While the premise of the short film has yet to be released, I have understood it to be a horror short based on the song by the two recording artists. With Shia taking the creative lead, he is exploring his capabilities as a director by taking us fans of the artists down a macabre road that no doubt will leave us wanting to leave the lights on. However, considering my absolute love for the song, I am no doubt going to find myself as addicted to it as I was to Kanye's own mini-movie, Runaway. It should be interesting to see the same concept of music-inspired film between two completely different minds. While I don't want to automatically compare Shia and Kanye, or Kid Cudi and Kanye, this project is going to ensure that we do it anyway. Now, as you can see, Maniac comes out in October of 2011, Halloween day in fact. However, Kid Cudi has yet another film project that will also be debuting in the month of October. One of my favorite television shows is rearing its head out of hiatus to give us a much anticipated return. How To Make It In America is coming back to show us just how Crisp is fairing after their restless attempts at making a name for themselves in the previous season. With more women, higher stakes and no doubt more swank, the second installment of the series is no doubt going to attract more viewers than the previous season. HBO has yet to disappoint me with an original series, and with such a down to earth series like HTMIIA, I'm already prepping myself for its awesomeness. Check out its teaser trailer below.




Is that Theophilus London I hear? Oh yes, his LP is out. Go get it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment