Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday.

I have a little story to tell. After posting yesterday's entry, I stayed up for a few more hours. During my two cups of late night coffee, I continued to promote Origami Citizen on Twitter, which of course is nothing out of the ordinary. However, what is out of the ordinary is that the focus of yesterday's post, Nick Wooster, got wind of the post, and of my tweets and decided to let me know about it. Of course, he being the man that he is was no doubt awake far before my nine o' clock alarm went off. So as I fumbled awake this morning, the first thing I noticed was an e-mail from Twitter notifying me that I had a new follower: Nick Wooster. Ecstatic, I tweeted my thanks and admiration to him, only for him to thank me. What a magnificent guy! People say that the fashion industry is precarious and shallow? They obviously haven't met Nick Wooster. I'd say he's a pretty well rounded gentleman. Haha.


Nick Wooster
Photo from Fuck Yeah Nick Wooster


On another note, today is indeed Thursday. This of course means that at ten o' clock tonight, one of my new favorite television series will be airing it's fifth episode. While I am not really a TV person, every once in a while there is a series that really catches my attention. In fact, I could probably count the list of my favorite television programs on one hand. However, when I heard about USA's new series Suits, I knew that I had to at least give it a try. After watching the hour and a half long pilot, I was instantly hooked. Following the life of a twenty-something college dropout with the, now overused thanks to Psyche and The Mentalist, ability to remember things in the blink of an eye, and his hot shot lawyer boss, this series is absolutely promising. What makes this show stand out, considering super-memory is now cliche, is the chemistry between the characters. The slick back hair, pinstripe loving, three-piece-suit persona that is Harvey Specter is devilishly smart, and has the word 'ambition' written on his forehead. He holds the throne for what every man wants to be: a smart, daring, stylish, rich womanizer who knows how to get what he wants. His partner, Mike Ross is what the reality of the situation is. In over his head, his intelligence is only an accessory to his work ethic. Being the 'new guy' at the firm, his coworkers are reluctant to help, giving him more trouble than assistance for the most part.


Harvey (center) and Mike (right)
All credit due to the owners of this photo.


However, there is an element of romance slowly starting to crop up between all of the busywork that Mike engages in. Between filing paperwork and being scolded by Harvey, Mike interacts with the firm's most promising paralegal: Rachel Zane, played by Meghan Markle. While this is my first time seeing the actress' work, it goes without saying that she is a bombshell. With a quirky attitude and a chip on her shoulder, Rachel is what every man wants in an office romance. Mysterious gazes, complex outfits and a smile that is only saved for those who earn it, she has the whole package. However, considering we are still in the introduction phases of the program, Rachel and Mike have had only one douse of drama. While I'm not going to spoil anything for those who wish to catch up on the program, I will say that we've all been there before. So listen, do yourself a favor, watch the show. While I would say the series markets at those 19-30, it gives some inspiration for not only how hard the corporate world is, but how to dress in it as well. At least once per episode, Harvey will scold Mike about what he's wearing, which I find pretty interesting. Kids these days. 


Ms. Markle
All credit due to the owners of this photo.


You know, I'd even go as far to say that I almost like this show just as much as I like How to Make it in America. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment