Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday.

Today was another hot day, only describable by it's ability to infer itself upon any article of clothing that I wear, and cement itself to me. My pants become ovens, and my shirts become prisons. The heat swarms me when exposed to the sun, and yet I find myself incapable of liberating myself from them. I'm not very fond of random nudity. I'm referring to people with a lack of the two essential articles for proper service: shirts and shoes. For this reason, as well as not being able to wear half of my clothes, I dislike the summer. While not my least favorite season, it is very... challenging to dress appropriately as a young man. As someone who feels that a collar should be mandatory eighty percent of the time, it's near impossible to wear collared shirts in the heat. Sure, tons of blogs, articles and magazines describe ways to 'stay cool' while being professional. They describe the right fabrics to wear, so that when you put on a suit, you won't be that hot. It's all bologna. Regardless of what fabric I'm wearing, I know that garnishing a tie, and a jacket is suicide in the sun. If I don't sweat away all of my natural fluids, my body's going to at least try. Women don't really have the same issue. What I would give to be able to let my legs breathe and still follow dress code. That being said, I guess I'll get to the point of this entry: women'swear. Not just any type of women'swear, but menswear inspired women'swear. 


Helen Weselcouch (above)
Photo from The Style Blogger


I'm no male chauvinist. I appreciate women more than they appreciate each other. However, there is just something so enticing about a woman who uses the same elements in her wardrobe as I do. I'm unsure if I like the idea of her being so creative, or knowing how to stay versatile, but I'm sure that I enjoy it. While the picture above depicts a woman wearing men's formal/semi-formal attire, my appreciation doesn't stop there. Just yesterday, I went to a movie with a friend of mine. While her outfit was very much feminine, I could tell that she was using something that a lot of fashion conscious women don't seem to: a plain white t-shirt. Of course, you might suggest that I'm insane for thinking girls don't wear plain white tees, but allow me to explain. Her shirt was worn the way a guy would wear it. While I'm not sure if the shirt was unisex or menswear, I am certain that it wasn't women'swear. Additionally, the fact that it was her shirt made it all the more interesting! Not many people know this, but a woman's outfit is centered around the upper portion of her body. They create their outfit based on their tops (fun fact for the day!). Men, on the other hand, on their trousers. I loved her outfit just for that reason. Minimalist, fashionable and creative, she knew what she was doing, even if she doesn't realize it! There are a multitude of options for girls to wear like the women in these photos. If you want to visit The Style Blogger, you can even see that half of their outfits are composed of skirts! While a lot of girls feel like they can't wear things like the photos above and below, I'm going to present you with my mantra of four years:


Jenilee (above)
Photo from The Style Blogger


Confidence is your most important accessory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment