Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday.

This is my first independent blog post ever. It feels weird, but I guess I have to make this sort of thing routine. I've been at this thing for about 30 min, and am still trying to figure it out, but until I get used to blogger, I think I'll just write what I want. 

Today, it was about 95 degrees. The dead of July is as unforgiving as ever, despite me having been inside for the majority of the day. It's the sort of heat that makes you just want to sleep, even if you aren't really tired. It's exhausting to have such heat sitting on your back, but at the same time, it makes you want to get out and do something! That something, for me at least, is creating a blog. Of course, creating a blog and finally listening to the new Big Sean album. I would highly recommend it. Do it. 

So as I'm sitting here thinking of how to make this thing, or what to make it about, I took a look at one of my favorite photo blogs: Citizen Couture. The first image that would grace my eyes was that of the gorgeous, Italian beauty that is Eleonora Carisi (@Eleonoracarisi). While her magnificent brown eyes were hidden behind a pair of Liberty London frames, the creator of photo fashion blog, JouJou Villeroy's beauty shone through. So as the classic hood anthem of Marvin and Chardonnay would blare through my headphones, and as I continued to stare at this invincible combination of fashion and natural beauty I found myself a bit cultured. Haha.

Eleonora Carisi (above)
All credit due to owners of this photo.
I don't think that I feel cultured because I'm listening to a song that has nothing to do with it's title, while looking at a foreign woman. Instead, I would say that I feel cultured because of the fact that I can do it while knowing the irony of the situation. Of course, while I admire Big Sean and all of his label-mates at G.O.O.D. Music, I feel that they are slowly abandoning the thing that makes me admire them so much. Aside from the incredible wordplay that the rappers exert, the Rosewood lifestyle that they exert is something that really makes the band of merry rappers so fucking cool. I've been trying to incorporate the whole Rosewood hashtag into my tweets to try and revitalize the movement, but I guess the real question is: does it need to be revitalized? 


Kanye West and Big Sean (above)
All credit due to the owners of this photo.


Maybe not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment