Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday.

Haha, I didn't do much today, so I guess I don't have much to talk about. This is turning out to be a very long summer if I do say so myself. I've been doing some secretary work for my father, and have been having people call me and spill their souls about their current parental issues. They talk about things like child support, custody rights, lawyer fees, halfway homes etc. It's really sad stuff, but I can't help but think to myself that, it's not really sad. I don't know how sinister it is for me to say that these are responsibilities that these people have decided to engage, and that I can only hope that they thought about the severity of taking on a life. A child is more than just an accessory, they're a human life. It's not just feeding them every day and washing them every week, like one would with a pet. While this all seems like common sense, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that I hear. Of course, I'm not allowed to divulge anyone's information, not would I want to, but after a while it starts to make one thing. I'm not trying to preach to anyone, because life is a beautiful thing, but at least be ready to accept the responsibility. Perhaps I'm just not ready for that sort of thing in my life now, but that doesn't mean others are not as well. I got word that a friend of mine from childhood recently had a child, simply because she wanted to. I thought it was a really spectacular thing to embrace, but at the same time I couldn't help but think to myself that I can't see myself doing the same thing. Moreover, my cousin recently was married just a few months ago, a cousin that is just a year two months older than myself. Again, a beautiful thing, but is it too soon? Perhaps we're in the stage of our lives that we are rushing to grow up, and show our significance from our adolescent counterparts. A man is defined by his actions, so does that mean we have to do adult things to be considered adults? It's a scary thought, but it's something that we have to face. Having a family isn't going to happen by sitting around and thinking about it. Perhaps my friends and family are just ready to start that stage in their lives, and I love them for it. I can appreciate their strength and I can admire their perseverance. 


Father and Daughter
Photo by The Satorialist


Well, that's all I really have to say for today. Maybe I'll have something more beneficial to say tomorrow. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment